NWSN Association Minutes Nov 19, 2019
Attendees: Fiona Taggart, Vernon Sweeney, Cherye Sweeney, Olivia Dorfman, Alan Balkema, Bill Baus, Jean Graham, Michelle Henderson
Treasury report: $354
City council scheduled vote on Conservation district is Dec 4th
December 5th Conservation District Celebration: intended for everyone on committee, or who spoke at public meeting. Plan to have at Crazy Horse: Michelle seeing if room available
Discussion about UDO amendments and City Council and updates:
- Several neighbors spoke in opposition to proposed amendments to densify core neighborhoods
- Worst amendment saying build whatever you want withdrawn.
- Others allowing duplexes and triplexes anywhere on corner lots voted down
- Comments made that Bloomington is densifying there are many apartments and our neighborhood has a healthy density.
- At meeting only allowed 1 minute to speak.
ADU (Accessory Dueling Unit e.g. garage apartments, in-law house etc.) need to go to neighborhood association meeting for approval.
- Short discussion on how city could help home owners build ADUs: special loans, affordable pre fab houses etc.
- ADU proposed changed to increase allowed size.
- Must be owner occupied.
Invite new in January council member Kate Rosenberger to January meeting
Holiday Party: Pot Luck December 17th
Bill Baus Hosting at his home 6:30 PM
City will print flyers intending to go door to door with flyers.
Banneker Community Center received grant to enhance facility for $199,600. Will use Grant to change rooms to make the building more functional.